Skip to main content
Top of the Page
Board & Chairs
Past Presidents & Life Members
Code of Ethics
News & Events
News & Announcements
AAUS Scholarship Recipients
Internship Host Information
Post a job
Post a Recall
- Any person with an abiding interest in Scientific Diving may become an Associate member of the AAUS upon submission of a membership application and annual dues ($50 annually).
- Any enrolled student with an abiding interest in Scientific Diving may become a Student member of the AAUS upon submission of a membership application and annual dues ($25 annually). All students interested in applying for AAUS Foundation scholarships or awards must be active members.
Full Voting Member
- To qualify as Full Voting Members, individuals must be Active Scientific Divers, submit a description of their scientific diving training/experience, provide a professional reference from another Full Member of the Academy, and pay annual dues. (Per AAUS policy, "Active Scientific Diver" is defined as sustained level of scientific diving activity over the past 2 years, equivalent to at least 12 dives annually; OR completion of a Scientific Diving Course that meets the minimum requirements of the AAUS.) Submission of application, with reference, and annual dues ($50) are required.
Full Non-Voting Member
- Individuals who submit an application for membership and qualify as Full Voting Members but have their dues paid as members of a Diving Control Board will be awarded Full Non-Voting Membership. Upgrade to Full Voting status may be made upon submission of individual dues ($50).
- Any public or private research or educational organization/institution that engages in scientific diving may apply as an Organizational Member of AAUS. Additional information can be found on the Organizational Member Application and/or the Membership FAQ page. The Dive Control Board for an OM is granted individual memberships at no cost. Organizational annual dues are $675.
Organizational Member Representative
- Organizational Members may designate two (2) individuals to represent their interests in AAUS business and elections. In order to vote, OM Reps must qualify as Full Voting Members of the Academy. It is in the best interests of the sponsoring OM to ensure that designated OM reps are qualified to vote. There is no cost for membership for OM representatives.
2022 AAUS/OWUSS Internship Applications
Call for Abstracts 2022
2021 Scientific Diving Lifetime Achievement Award Nominations
AAUS 2021 Election
Back to Top